- Air Marshal VK Bhatia PVSM, AVSM, VrC & Bar was the first Indian who dared a tandem skydiving jump in India at the age of 56 yrs. This daring feat was performed on 17 Sep 1999 at Agra airfield from an AN-32 aircraft.
- Group Captain NK Prashar, JD AF Adv was the first to fly X-Air microlight on night on 15 Sep 2000 at Air Force Station Hindon. Subsequently on the same night Sqn Ldr MIK Reddy carried out a skydiving jump from X-Air Microlight.
- Sqn Ldr Sanjay Thapar VM is the man of many firsts in the field of parachuting, two of his achievements are acknowledged as world records and seven others as National Records. He was the first Indian to introduce tandem skydiving in the Air Force.
- Sqn Ldr Jay Shankar is an officer from Admin branch and an adventure enthusiast. He is pursuing sports parachuting since 1990. He is a sports parachuting instructor without being a PJI. He has 602 jumps to his credit. For a non-professional paratrooper this number is highly creditable.
- Sqn Ldr MIK Reddy is a NDA graduate and an adventure freak. He is specialist in watersports, parasailing and skydiving. He has over 780 skydiving jumps to his credit, the highest for a non PJI in the Air Force. He has also conducted many basic skydiving courses and demonstrations independently. He is also the first to carry out a jump from X-Air Microlight at night.
- Sqn Ldr RC Tripathi. A pioneer of Adventure sports, specialist in parachuting, mountaineering and water sports. As on date he has 1040 jumps. He is the first to jump from an X-Air microlight on 04 Apr 2001 at Air Force Station Hindon. Microlight was flown by Gp Capt NK Prashar, JD AF Adv.
- Sqn Ldr Vasant Raj and Flt Lt Bhawana Mane. Both are helicopter pilots and the first couple in the Air Force to skydiving together on 30 May 2000 at National Defence Academy, Pune.
- Flt Lt Kamal Singh Oberh. A young parachute jump instructor, made a jump over South Pole on 01 Jan 2000 and earned the distinction of being the first Indian to perform this daring feat.
- Flt Lt KB Samyal and Flt Lt Kopal Gupta. Flt Lt Samyal is a professional parachute jump instructor at Paratroopers Training School. His wife Flt Lt Kopal Gupta is a logistic officer at AF Stn Agra. Both Samyal and Kopal became the first couple to do Relative Work on 04 Oct 2000 during the Subroto Cup Football finals at Ambedkar Stadium, New Delhi. As on date Flt Lt Samyal has over 350 jumps to his credit whereas Flt Lt Kopal has 220 jumps to her credit.
- In addition, there are few other Air Force personnel, who have also set records and earned their names in Lima Book of Records one being a six man Relative Work by PTS under the leadership of Wg Cdr HN Bhagwat in Aug 2000.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
LIMCA RECORD HOLDERS
- LIMCA RECORD HOLDERS
- Republic status
- Heavy bombers and jet fighters
- Independence and partition
- War In Burma
- HISTORY OF IAF
- FROM THE DG’s DESK
- REPORT FORM : BOMB BLAST (IED)
- STATISTICS OF BOMB BLASTS
- NATIONAL BOMB DATA CENTRE
- SCHEDULE OF COURSES : 2008-09
- JOINING INSTRUCTIONS FOR COURSES
- TRAINING CENTRE
- QUALITATIVE REQUIREMENTS (QRs) FOR DEPUTATION TO N...
- Right To Information (RTI) As per Section 24 of ...
- LETS LEARN ABOUT OUR REAL HEROES- THE NSG
- official NSG web site with names who sent the lett...
- India’s 26/11 response packed with primary documen...
- ▼ March (20)